22nd IWHOD – Internationa Workshop on HIV and Hepatitis Observational Databases
Welcome to the 22nd Workshop website.
Workshop’s missionThe International Workshop on HIV and Hepatitis Observational Databases IWHOD brings senior and junior HIV and hepatitis observational database researchers together to advance the methodology and analysis of observational data.
No other workshop or conference devotes attention to the methodology of setting up and analyzing observational data, despite their importance in providing critical information on population outcome in real world settings outside the controlled setting of randomized trials.
We are once again aiming to include attendees representing cohort studies from all regions. As in the past, we encourage discussion of work in progress, so all data presented will not be publicised outside of the Workshop.
Workshop at a glance
- 2 day meeting, beginning midday on Thursday 22nd March 2018 and ending midday on 24th March 2018
- The programme is based on abstract selection by the Scientific Committee
- Attendance is contingent on submission and acceptance of abstract
- Call for abstract invitation: 2nd October 2017
- Abstract submission opens: 3rd November 2017
- Abstract submission deadline: Monday 4th December 2017, 18.00 GMT (UK time)
- Abstract selection and final programme by Scientific Committee: mid-January 2018
- Abstract status will be notified by the end of January 2018
Ongoing and New Collaborations
If you and your collaborators are interested in holding a side meeting at the Workshop, please communicate with your colleagues directly, and contact Dolores O’Sullivan rom Visual Response to arrange for a time slot and a meeting room at the hotel as soon as possible and no later than 23 October 2017.
Financial assistance: We continue to strongly encourage abstract submissions from resource-constrained settings.
Recognising that the additional expenses may deter some from attending the meeting, we will try to offer financial assistance for delegates from resource-constrained settings, particularly those with student status, whose abstracts have been accepted. Please contact the Secretariat for details
When submitting your abstract you will be asked whether you qualify for financial assistance.
Young Investigator Award:Two Young Investigator Awards for early career researchers will be given at the end of the workshop, one for best oral and one for best poster. When submitting your abstract you will be asked whether you qualify for this Award.
For further information email:
Sito del workshop